Getting things a bit mixed up? No worries! Here’s a refresher on the rules of the competition.
Here is how it will work…
Teams will be selected by Bumby or Andrew in a draft style format after all participants are identified.
Each competitor will be asked to create and demonstrate a predetermined cocktail from their home using at least one of a few sponsored ingredients.
Both Andrew and Bumby will be readily available to help with drink creation and video script presentation, but it is ultimately up to you to make and present the best drink while having the most fun!
Each competitor will have 2 minutes to demonstrate and explain their drink.
Each competitor will be given a specific style of drink to ‘battle’ their competitor on. They will need to utilize ingredients from our ‘sponsor portfolio’.
As brackets go… the winner of each “Throwdown” will move onto the next round where they will meet their next competitor until there is just one winner from both TEAM Andrew and TEAM Bumby. Then and ONLY then will we find out the WINNER!
Every round winner will be able to direct a donation to their choice of charity benefiting our industry. They can choose from the list of preapproved groups, Children of Restaurant Employees (CORE), Kids In Need of a Difference (KIND), or the United States Bartenders Guild (USBG).
Rules to Throwdown
Participants must be:
- Over 21
- Work in the beverage industry as:
- National Supplier
- National Distributor
- Restaurant Beverage Leader
- Participants will submit a video presenting their cocktail
- Video must be at least 1 minute in length, but no longer than 2 minutes
- The participant must execute the recipe during the video presentation
- Each submission must include one or more of the sponsored spirits / ingredients
- All ingredients, tools, garnishes, and vessels must be readily available
- Cocktail cannot exceed 6 ingredients (not including garnish)
- Typed recipe with a picture must be submitted along with the video
- Include a 30-second “Smack Talk” video to be showcased against your competitor on our social media channels
- The featured Throwdown Cocktail for each round will be determined at random